PHYS 1010: Physics I Lecture & Lab
Physics I Lecture & Lab Course Overview
- PHYS 1010 is a four-credit lecture/lab online physics course. This course is designed to provide an introduction to algebra-based physics. Topics covered include velocity, acceleration, force, work, energy, momentum, circular motion, gravitation, torque, rotational motion, and fluids.
Physics I Lecture & Lab Course Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental principles of the scientific method, as well as fundamental laws, theories, and principles related to physics.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to relevant physics problems.
- Plan and conduct laboratory investigations to predict relationships between key variables in physics problems. Analyze independently collected data using tools, technologies, and models to make valid and reliable scientific claims.
- Apply ideas, principles, and/or evidence gained from various experiments, as well as other observations, to provide a physical explanation of everyday phenomena and solve problems, taking into account possible unanticipated effects.
- Communicate results of lab experiments and independent work through multiple representations.
Physics I Lecture & Lab Course Prerequisites
- One semester of college-level algebra (MATH 1010)
- Background knowledge in trigonometry
* Please note these prerequisites are highly suggested and support course preparedness and success. We recommend having completed the listed prerequisites before enrolling and within the past seven years.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
Labs will focus on discovering relationships between variables involved in our fundamental models of physics. Laboratory instructions and experiment submission forms are provided for each lab and are organized by course week/topic.
Tuition & Fees
PHYS 1010: Lecture/Lab
- Credits: 4
- Tuition: $1,640
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,670*
*Total payment is due in full at the time of registration. The cost of the materials is not included in this total.
Required course materials
- Mandatory External Webcam and Whiteboard for Proctored Exams
- Lab Materials
- All lab materials are purchased through your course. Please be aware that costs vary for each course and can range from $100-$500+.
As a Reminder
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at any time through our self-service registration portal. Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
Your Dedicated Student Service Advisor
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student support team members using live chat(see bottom right) or email below.