ENGL 1011: English Composition II (NEW)
English Composition II Course Overview
- ENGL 1011 is a three-credit college research writing course to prepare students to use the conventions of academic research writing. Writing-as-process and practice strategies will be employed to culminate in the production of an academic research essay supported by well-synthesized, diverse, credible, and reliable secondary sources. Students will demonstrate the use of technology to ensure appropriate paraphrase and summary of sources, originality, use of citation style, grammar and mechanics, and scholarly voice.
*This course is considered an upper-level undergraduate course (300 level or above)
English Composition II Course Outcomes
- Analyze clarity, organization, and coherence of academic writing for a specific audience
- Deploy diverse and divergent perspectives from academic sources in support of a main idea
- Formulate a thesis for a timely and relevant academic research essay within a specific discipline
- Synthesize credible and reliable secondary sources to support an academic argument using an appropriate citation format
English Composition II Course Prerequisites
- One semester of college-level English writing (ENGL 1010)
* Please note these prerequisites are highly suggested and support course preparedness and success. We recommend having completed the listed prerequisites before enrolling and within the past seven years.
How do exams work?
All exams are taken online. Major exams are required to be proctored online through ProctorU. For instructions on how to take your exams online, visit UNE Online’s ProctorU site. Please note exams must also be proctored with the UNE-approved external webcam.
How do labs work?
ENGL 1011 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer an associated lab component for this course.
Tuition & Fees
ENGL 1011: Lecture
- Credits: 3
- Tuition: $1,230
- Registration: $30
- Total: $1,260 (Total payment is due in full at the time of registration)
*The cost of the materials is not included in this total
Required course materials
- Lab Materials:
- ENGL 1011 is a lecture-only course. We do not offer a lab component and therefore no lab materials are needing to be purchased.
As a Reminder
Complete at Your Own Pace within 16 weeks
24/7 Online Registration
Courses Typically Begin Every Two to Three Weeks
Working at the pace typical for a four-semester hour course, the average student will complete this online course in approximately 16 weeks. Many students have elected an online course for the sake of flexibility. Since the course is self-paced, you may be able to complete the course in less than 16 weeks.
You may enroll for a course at any time through our self-service registration portal. Payment is needed in full at the time of registration.
You must be registered for your class by 12:00 noon EST the Monday before the class starts. Your official start date is the date that the course opens and you will have 16 weeks from that date to complete your course.
Your Dedicated Student Service Advisor
If you have any questions about registration, the coursework or course requirements, please reach out to one of our student support team members using live chat(see bottom right) or email below.