Change the World: Explore a Career in Global Health
We are excited to unveil our new Global Health focus area, which will allow students to learn about public health policies, programs, successes, and challenges worldwide from experts in the field. Students completing the program will be awarded a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree. It covers emerging topics like One Health and pandemic preparedness that show the interconnectedness of public health and explores realistic ways to mitigate adverse health outcomes and make meaningful changes for diverse populations through a culturally responsive global lens. The program appeals to full-time and part-time working professionals in public health and the University of New England (UNE) alums.
The Master of Public Health (MPH) Program with a focus in global health is a 100% online master’s degree which allows students to choose three elective courses from six elective course offerings. Each course earns you three credits, cumulatively adding to nine credit hours. Students earn a Master of Public Health after completing 42 credit hours, an Applied Practice Experience (APE), and submitting a master’s thesis. Our global public health education is an affordable master’s degree, costing $800 per credit. The entire program costs $33,600, excluding additional fees. Students save up on transportation and accommodation costs since everything occurs online.
Our Assistant Director, Public Health Workforce Development, Jennifer Ceide, states your environment and individual choices are interconnected. Through community-centered efforts, the public health educator focuses on making health information understandable, usable, and accessible. Our Public Health Education focus area will equip you with the skills needed to address the socio-ecological factors that hinder health as you carry out health education initiatives and prepare you for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
We have exciting courses under the Global Health focus area which include:
- Global Health – employs a multidisciplinary approach to comprehending concepts, problems, and present and future concerns regarding global Health.
- Foundation of Maternal and Child Health – provides a local and global perspective of maternal and child health issues and concerns using public Health as a foundation to build concepts and solutions.
- Pandemic Preparedness – equips students with the knowledge and skills to develop prevention, mitigation, and management strategies for future pandemics.
- One Health – enables students to explore the interconnection between human, animal, and environmental Health.
- Introduction to Health Informatics – provides students with technological tools, techniques, and concepts to improve health care.
- Leadership and Strategic Management in Health Settings – explores healthcare leadership challenges and opportunities that impact health outcomes.
We use an interdisciplinary approach when designing our online master’s degree in public health program to broaden our students’ career prospects. Our faculty members are scholar-practitioners, providing their knowledge and expertise in each course. Students also have access to advisors for guidance and resources throughout each course. Our public health online degree has three semesters each year, enabling students to take between 6 to 12 classes annually. Each course has approximately 8-week sessions. We offer rolling admissions, with six start dates per year.
We do not charge an application fee for our global public health education. Click here for the most up to date course information, application links, and program cost. You can also check out the financial aid page to see if you qualify for tuition fee assistance.
Contact an Enrollment Counselor at (855) 325-0895 or email email@example.com for admission-related inquiries or to talk with someone about how this program can work for you!
Tags: MPH | Online Learning | UNE Online