Skip the admissions process with these online courses
When do you NOT need to go through Admissions?
UNE Online’s Science Prerequisites for Health Professions classes are our exception to the admissions process rule. They do not require an admissions process at all. Simply log in, register for the class, pay, and begin on the first or third Wednesday of the month. All of our classes are instructor-led, high quality courses. They are taken a la carte, as you need them, so you can do one class or five. As many as you need.
Filling gaps – efficiently
UNE has a strong history of preparing students for the health professions, and we were finding that a lot of students who wanted to transfer into our graduate programs were missing a class or two. So we started offering online courses to fill such gaps for students.
Satisfying requirements – quickly
At this time, we have 15 Science Prerequisite class offerings, and many include a virtual lab component. These classes are offered 100% online, and are designed to help students fulfill application requirements for graduate programs. Most courses can be taken on an accelerated timeline – you set the pace that best fits your schedule.
Online courses available right now, with no admissions process required:
- Anatomy ANAT 1005
- Genetics BIOL 1040
- Medical Biochemistry CHEM 1005
- Medical Biology I with lab BIOL 1010
- Medical Biology II with lab BIOL 1011
- Medical General Chemistry I with lab CHEM 1010
- Medical General Chemistry II with lab CHEM 1011
- Medical Physiology PHSL 1010
- Medical Terminology MEDT 1000
- Microbiology for Health Professions with lab BIOL 1020
- Organic Chemistry I with lab CHEM 1020
- Organic Chemistry II with lab CHEM 1021
- Pathophysiology BIOL 1030
- Physics for the Health Professions I PHYS 1010
- Statistics for the Health Professions MATH 1005
Double check to save time
Be sure to check with your program to make sure they accept online Science Prerequisites for Health Professions credits from UNE. It’s not common since UNE is a regionally accredited and recognized university, but some schools may not accept the credits. Like most things, a little homework beforehand can save you a lot of time and money in the long term.
Easy to start
Make a quick phone call to our enrollment counselor at (855) 325-0894, or go straight to the easy online class registration, sign up, buy your books, and you will be up and running with your online class – it’s that easy. Classes start every two weeks, on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. For a step-by-step process on registration in FlexReg, click here.